Finally, all four council members in the top 4 (I'm Time Heal Nothing, for those who don't know. I named the alt after the DSBM song of the same name
), and I almost lost that fight that got me there. Took me way too damn long. Now, as I keep increasing my ELO, I think I should give a few of my thoughts on the ladder.
I first started using it with Grimer and Ekans for Belch, and although they aren't horrible, they are flat out outclassed by Gulpin in almost every way. As for Belch in general, its foundational flaw is the Goth line; without a Substitute up, they are flat out ruined by Heal Pulse spam. This means that teams featuring Goth can outplay the Belch user until Goth is in with a Substitute-free Belch user. Basically, if you are using Belch, seeing Goth is spooky.
Please ladder, don't use Mega Absol. It's not great, just a pain in the ass to fight. Seriously, I have only seen a few good teams with it, and unless you are a top level player, you likely aren't going to succeed when using it. You just add tedium to an otherwise fun metagame.
Mega Diancie...Why are you used sooo much? Well, at least it counters Goth with a good read. If only it got the ability to trap it first...
I'll probably post my team later on in the month, I really like it, and I don't wanna see people steal it yet. Anyway, onto other posts!
Thank-you. Sleep Talk most likely works properly in Showdown as well I would guess(?) but it's good to get confirmation on Assist. ...I say good, but unfortunately this means that the current (imo good) balance of MB in the meta seems to be propped up by a bug that most likely will and "should" be fixed :(
If the coding for this is changed, either MB or Assist will probably end up being banned, likely the latter to preserve current meta balance, whch is a shame because Assist is a semi-viable and certainly...interesting archetype (to paraphrase NOC, "This team is very annoying. Not good, just annoying"). Nuzzle is probably the most (only?) worthwhile move to spam though Assist, though I've tried things like Spore, healing moves and some mixed sets (which are too unreliable in the end to be worth the severe team and moveset limitations of running a mono-Assist team).
Nuzzlecist in action:-
Fuck Assist, may it be banned and never see the light of day.
Seriously, if it get's patched, I don't want Mind Blown banned, just Assist. That team you made is simply annoying to fight lmao.
I personally prefer the following set, even though it is a one time use, to
A) Pay homage to greatest mon, and
B) Not use an attacking move. A lot of mons run -def to break 4 status move users, once they are taunted.
Mr. Mime @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Skill Swap
- Thunder Wave
As a practicing Mimeist, I wish this set worked in this metagame. I really wish it did. Mr. Mime is just too slow to pull this set off, when the most common Perish Passer is base 115 speed. Just use Dugtrio, Hawlucha, or skill and beat the team that way.
Hello everyone. I am a new player to this tier, and I threw together a probably shitty trick room team utilizing belly drum + curse to kms and heal pulse + trick/switcheroo and pecha's too heal poison. It's probably a sub-optimal team, Both smeargle and ditto were just "I need high tier pokemon. Enjoy (Probably not) my horribad team. https://pastebin.com/GdJYty8e
God, I almost missed Pastebin after moving over to Pokepaste
. Its been too long since I've seen pastebin used for the mons stuff. The one thing I want to warn you about: Trick Room is sadly not that great. I really tried to make it work early on, but no dice. If you can make it work, than I'd be happy to
l use the team some. Anyway, on to my suggestions for the team:
- Smeargle: I don't really like using Imprison on any Pokemon but Sableye. In addition, although I know the strategy of MBouncing Purify to essentially Heal Pulse Espeon, I don't like using Purify without Knock Off myself.
- Ditto: looks good, although I feel troubled by the 1 HP IV. I don't know if it makes a difference, I simply use 0 HP IVs, but I don't know if there is any inherent difference. The only other thing I'd suggest is Sticky Barb, since it allows you to lol at Poison types that think they are Imposter Proof.
- Slowpoke: fine to me for the most part, barring a few things: I'm not a fan of Toxic Orb outside of a few Pokemon (Mightyena instantly comes to mind), and the set is awfully weak to Trick+Pecha, so I'd slash Trick Room for Hail to keep it Trick safe.
- Duskull: Trick+Pecha isn't very reliable anymore, since almost every Pokemon has adapted to it, and can kill itself without an item, and you'd be much better off with a filler move (likely Snore, you are awfully Taunt weak so far).
- Inkay: Taunt over Rain Dance. Now. Also, Pecha without Trick. Change that.
- Alolan Marowak: Bog standard, no issues there.
Now, for my edited version that should work a bit better: Click Here